Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default The Case for Working With Your Hands

Enjoyed that very much!

In 1979 I was being seriously considered for my supervisor's job at
Varian. Had several suits from up the ladder come talk to me in my
welding booth, asking if I would be interested in going back to school
and obtaining an MBA. Varian would heavily subsidize this. Money-wise,
that would have been the smart move. But I like working with my hands
and making things, and frankly wasn't thrilled at the thought of having
to turn around and give reviews to all my friends there....

I declined and still have no regrets.

Jon