Morgans

Default Right AND Left Tilt Table Saw?

"Michael Stephens" wrote in message
news:dYGnb.54327$HS4.271931@attbi_s01...
Mark,
My table saw tilts both ways, and I can even run the blade horizontally
above the table. Problem is, this is a home-made prototype that isn't
likely to show up at the Borg any time in the near (or distant) future. I
showed the design to this newsgroup several months ago, as I recall the
feedback was: 1) the saw is too lightweight to compete with full-sized
cabinet saws and 2) it looks difficult to maintain calibration.

Add 3) Too time consuming to change over. I want to grab a crank and give
it a spin. Period.

You all can feel free to steal this idea. Think of a drive shaft
motorcycle. Do a saw like that, but have the shaft pointed down, so the
motor swing would not limit travel. Other advantages would be a fully
enclosed cabinet, making dust collection easy. No belts, only a right angle
drive gear box.
--
Jim in NC