Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default The Case for Working With Your Hands

On May 23, 7:28*am, "Nector" wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Don't miss this. Just don't. Even if you have to sign in to read it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/ma...ml?_r=1&ref=ma...

--
Ed Huntress

Thats the most interesting read I've had in a while. Thanks Ed.

Thanks, Ed, the writer describes the satisfaction of honest
intellectual + mechanical work as well The Soul of a New Machine and
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I haven't read enough of
Neville Shute yet, only the description of designing the R100 airship
from Slide Rule: Autobiography of an Engineer.

I chose to be a lab tech instead of an engineer for similar reasons.

jsw