Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell[_2_] SteveBell[_2_] is offline

Default Money down the drain - ordered whole house water regulator.

Incorporated by a surrounding town sewer and water came through and
we hooked up last fall. Just not used to the high water pressure and
thus high water bills.

High water bills are not caused by high water pressure. They're caused
by high water use.

Thought I'd invest in a regulator.

This is the correct device to reduce excessive water pressure.

Thinking
of putting it after the water softener as the water's twice as hard
as the well water was and judging from the buildup on the glasses in
the dishwasher when I tried running it with the softener off, I think
it may protect the regulator.

The pressure regulator needs to be first. Your softener needs to be
protected from excessive water pressure.

Any input on anyone's experiences
would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Excessive water pressure will cause all sorts of plumbing parts to wear
out faster. You need to reduce pressure for the whole house.

Excessive water pressure is more than 80 PSI.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement