Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default When are the metal legs under deck posts needed?

On May 22, 1:19*pm, mm wrote:
When are the metal legs under deck posts needed?

My old deck had the 1/2 inch high set of metal legs under two of its
three 4x4 wooden support posts.

But all of the posts stood on cinder blocks. * Were the metal legs
really needed?

I thought they are to keep the termites and other living things from
getting from the ground into the wood, but doesn't the cinder block
fulfill the same function? *In the case of one of my new legs, it
rests on a 3 foot by 3 foot cement (or concrete?) slab. *Isn't that
good enough also, without the metal legs?

metal legs wont stop termites.