Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Megaman Dusk to dawn cfl

Clot wrote:
geoff wrote:
In message , Clot
writes
John wrote:
I have just bought one and fitted it to an outside lantern next to
my front door. Unfortunately it is coming on a bit too soon -
clearly it needs a bit more light to reach it but I can't arrange
that. I have carefully rotated the lamp so the sensor is aiming up
the road to get as much light as possible - but the overhanging
ceiling and a strut in the lantern are hindering.

I wondered if anyone has tried removing the red cover over the
sensor to increase the sensitivity?

I bought it with a view to leaving it on when I go on holiday - and
to save a few pence in the light mornings when I have a lie in. I
want it on all night.

Not tried emailing makers as they will not condone tampering.
Is there a significant problem if it is a CFL? Mine also is too
premature in coming on and slow to switch off, but at 11W, I ignore
the issue.

What, premature illumination ?

Loved it.

How long have you suffered it then :-)