Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Megaman Dusk to dawn cfl

John wrote:
I have just bought one and fitted it to an outside lantern next to my
front door. Unfortunately it is coming on a bit too soon - clearly it
needs a bit more light to reach it but I can't arrange that. I have
carefully rotated the lamp so the sensor is aiming up the road to get
as much light as possible - but the overhanging ceiling and a strut
in the lantern are hindering.

I wondered if anyone has tried removing the red cover over the sensor
to increase the sensitivity?

I bought it with a view to leaving it on when I go on holiday - and
to save a few pence in the light mornings when I have a lie in. I
want it on all night.

Not tried emailing makers as they will not condone tampering.

Is there a significant problem if it is a CFL? Mine also is too premature in
coming on and slow to switch off, but at 11W, I ignore the issue.