Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bob234-nospam@bigfoot.com is offline

Default new commode

On Tue, 19 May 2009 10:30:54 -0400, willshak
wrote:

I just saw an ad for a new toilet that has a two flush feature. A small
flush for #1 and large flush for #2. I don't remember how that worked,
or the brand name since my 24 year old American Standards are still
working and I wasn't in the market.

Two-handle toilets are all over Israel for the last 25 years at least.
They have a bigger handle right behind for big flushes and a smaller
handle in front for small flushes on the same axis (where in the US
there would be just one handle) like the fine tuning and tuning knobs
on tvs that had mechanical tv tuners.

Israel and to some extent Jordan depend on the Jordan River for fresh
water, and there isn't enough, so they make every effort to conserve
water.

For example, I believe Israel invented drip irrigation and later they
invented computerized drip irrigation. Also, somewhat-processed
sewage water from Tel Aviv and towns south of there is sent to
agricultural areas further south (and north?) for irrigation.

Plus they are making major efforts on desalinization but I don't think
that will work in your bathroom.

In a rural park, miles from a city, they had a totally waterless
urinal. It had a webpage listed on the label and I went there but I
don't think I understood how it worked. I searched just now but I
don't think I found it. It was a real china urinal, not some kind of
porta-potty that had to be emptied.

Bill