Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default 1/4" crown stapler and Masonite UL

In article ,
"Colbyt" wrote:

I need to provide an under-layment for some new flooring in a rental house.

My hammer arm is tired. My choices are between 1/4" Masonite (cheaper) and
Laun.

Either would be a fine sub-strate for what I am doing.

Never having used a stapler for Masonite,

My only question is how well does a 1/4" crown stapler work with the
Masonite? I know it would do very well with the Laun.

Colbyt

Masonite *stinks* when it gets wet. Having suffered from the effects of
someone else using it under the vinyl in my kitchen and bath, I'd never
use it for underlayment.