Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Question on Ryobi batteries/charger.

"BobR" wrote in message
On May 21, 9:32 am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message

m...

I am looking at a reconditioned 18 volt, 8 inch, Ryobi ONE+ cordless
chain
saw. I just need it for pruning branches. I currently use a bow saw, but
it
is difficult to get to some branches because of other nearby branches.
The reconditioned saw comes without a battery or charger. I already have
Ryobi 18 volt ONE+ battery charger and two ONE+ 18v NiCad batteries.
The ONE+ means the batteries can be used in various 18 volt ONE+ Ryobi
tools.
I am also looking at an 18v Ryobi ONE+ Lithium Ion battery.
My question is: Can the Li-Ion battery be charged in the Ni Cad battery
charger that I already have, or do I need a Li-ion charger as well?

*The ONE+ charger can handle both batteries. I was also told that the
regular charger can handle the Lithium Ion batteries, but have not
confirmed
this.

I read the same thing when the Lithium Ion batteries were first
released along with their ability to be used as replacements for the
original batteries in the various Ryobi tools. I have almost the
complete set of the One+ tools and can't find anything negative to say
about them. I have been using them for about two years and just now
bought two new batteries because the original batteries were not
holding a charge as long as I wanted.

I have the complete set as well except for the impact driver...I like them
as well...Haven't got the new batteries yet....I was under the impression
the new ones need the new charger....