Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Drip irrigation for hanging plants on front porch

In article
,
"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote:

I have a front porch with routinely-killed hanging plants. Basically I
seem to be genetically designed to turn every living plant creature
into dust through water-negligence.

I am in need of suggestions for brands, and whether or not to concoct
my own mechanism.

I also need to run the water from inside my house to use water-
softened water (to avoid turning coloring my porch rails to rust).

1. What brand is best?
2. What kind of water timer?
3. How to I physically drill from inside the basement to the porch?
Should this be as high up on the banding joist as possible?

If your plan is to stop killing plants, you might want to re-think
watering them with soft water.