Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default long term reliablity computer boards

On 2009-05-19, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Do you need some SCSI drives? I may have a few left.

Thanks, but I've got plenty of SCSI drives (2 GB up through
about 50 GB) in the more common 3-1/2" and some still in the 5-1/4"
sizes.

[ ... ]

No problem. I don't have anything that uses SCSI these days. I did
find an old Plextor PX--W124TSe external CDROM/burner while looking for
the other drives. I did find a Quantum Viking 9.1 GB drive, PX09L011
that I got from a computer store that was closed a couple years ago. It
uses the smaller 68 pin connector. I have a similar drive I pulled from
a dying HP XP system with a bad motherboard. It was a secondary drive,
with a PCI controller card. I don't know if I should hang on to them,
or give them away.

O.K. That does not sound like anything which would fit the
Tadpole, which is the only one which is a problem for me.

I think the Ultra 10 I have has an IDE controller card, and I don't
plan to fix the dead motherboard.