Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Thomas G. Marshall[_2_] Thomas G. Marshall[_2_] is offline

Default Drip irrigation for hanging plants on front porch

I have a front porch with routinely-killed hanging plants. Basically I
seem to be genetically designed to turn every living plant creature
into dust through water-negligence.

I am in need of suggestions for brands, and whether or not to concoct
my own mechanism.

I also need to run the water from inside my house to use water-
softened water (to avoid turning coloring my porch rails to rust).

1. What brand is best?
2. What kind of water timer?
3. How to I physically drill from inside the basement to the porch?
Should this be as high up on the banding joist as possible?