Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Post mortem on an IEC connector

N_Cook wrote:

Without carving into the line plug I cannot see the surface of the female
part but the male pins in the chassis section show no pitting or sign of
arcing.

If you're reading my posts ( which I doubt since you ask so many daft questions
the answers to which that you ought to *know ) do these thing.

Insert the apparently undamaged part into a new mating half. Does it hold firm ?

Apply a serious current through each contact and measure the volt drop. That'll
tell you the contact resistance from which much can be deduced.

And when bands bring in gear with 'tatty' mains leads, replace them and destroy
the defective one ( hand it back in a bag). They cost bugger all and could save
a life.

Also check the plugtop fuse rating fitted. It's easy to put a 13A fuse in the
plug of a 5A lead. And VERY stupid.

Graham