Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] martin_pentreath@hotmail.com is offline

Default Megaman Dusk to dawn cfl

On 21 May, 21:24, "John" wrote:
I have just bought one and fitted it to an outside lantern next to my front
door. Unfortunately it is coming on a bit too soon - clearly it needs a bit
more light to reach it but I can't arrange that. I have carefully rotated
the lamp so the sensor is aiming up the road to get as much light as
possible - but the overhanging ceiling and a strut in the lantern are
hindering.

I wondered if anyone has tried removing the red cover over the sensor to
increase the sensitivity?

I bought it with a view to leaving it on when I go on holiday - and to save
a few pence in the light mornings when I have a lie in. I want it on all
night.

Not tried emailing makers as they will not condone tampering.

Sorry, I can't be of any help, other than to sympathise and have a
rant that these things are always set to come on too early. Every
preset dawn-to-dusk sensing device I've ever had comes on at the first
sign of things turning a bit overcast. The only one I have that works
properly is over the front door, and that's because I learnt from my
mistakes, fitted an ordinary light, and bought a separate adjustable
sensor, which turned right down to its lowest setting switches the
thing on at a time which is just about acceptable.