Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Wiring a Wall Type RJ45 Jack

On Wed, 20 May 2009 18:47:53 -0400, PeterD wrote:

[snip]

I'm going to be doing a 200+ ft run in a month or so to the new
garage, and will try both ways and see if one is more reliable than
the other (I've got four cables run, only need one of them...)

I'll second the recommendations for surge protection. Also watch out
for voltage differences between building grounds. I did such a run
for GenRad Portable Products Division (nee Omnicomp) in the mid '80's,
and observed about 15VAC between the two building "grounds" :-(

Ended up devising my own transformer drive/receive scheme.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush's failed policies.