Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] lgerhardx@hotmail.com is offline

Default Whirlpool convertible dishwasher - no water inside

On May 21, 12:13*am, "Rudy" wrote:
Check the water overflow/shutoff "FLOAT"..often its a mushroom shaped 3" dia
white plastic cone on the bottom of the interior. *Its designed to float up
as the unit fills with water..once at the desired level (like a toilet
float) it shuts OFF the water.

IF it sticks in the UP position...NO WATER. *If it's UP, give it a tap and
see if it drops down

Could it be the motor start capacitor? *Can I replace that myself if
so?

The float does seem to move okay, and I can hear the thing click when
I lift it.

In the past, some water would spurt up through the arm, but not enough
to spin it or even make it telescope out properly. It would just gush
then overflow out of the arm. So, I am assuming that my motor was the
problem, since it evidently was not spinning at all and just sitting
there humming. Fortunately, I never ran it long and stopped it as
soon as I noticed the problem.

Thanks for your reply!