Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default OT- but wood related - Odd Things To Do For Your Birthday

On Sat, 16 May 2009 19:36:40 -0500, charlieb wrote
(in message ):

A while back, while talking with the girl at Jiffy Lube who was always
getting a new piercing or tatoo, the other old guy in the waiting room
got in to the conversation about "ink".

That's when I started thinking about getting something like that done.

y'know, tattoos are kind of addicting. It is only a matter of time, now,
'till you get your next one...

Part of the aftercare is keeping it dry and not picking or scratching, etc.

I had a tat done on my back, and some time later was doing some work in the
woods. In the evening, I'd felt a little raised ridge on my back, and figured
it was just part of the healing process, and let it be. A couple of days
later, it was still there, and I thought that was a bit curious... it should
have flaked off on its own. I looked in the mirror (a couple of mirrors,
actually, as it was in the middle of my back) and it was a darn balsam
needle, pasted to my back with pitch. The rest of my back was healed up, so I
guess it was past time for a bit of showering. uffda.

enjoy your new ink

tom k.

--
I will find a way or make one.