Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Paulsen Mike Paulsen is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendation

Tom L. wrote:
Looking for some chainsaw recommendations.

(snip)
The saw will be only for home use. I have a couple/few trees I need to take
down, thinking of a 14 or 16".

Looking through the Sears site, I see some cheap chainsaws. Naturally, my
instincts tell me to stay away from "cheap".
Being on a tight budget, I'm not looking to pay $400. Can I get a decent
saw in the $150? Ok, quit laughing.

Anyone got any recommendations for a budget saw?

Thanks

You can most likely rent a decent saw for $50/day.

If you prefer to own one and "around the house" means within extension
cord distance, consider an electric saw.