Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Garage Door Opener problem

On Wed, 20 May 2009 09:35:06 -0500, Sooperdave
wrote:

Totally off the mechanical subject, but wanted to add that my unit stopped
working and didn't respond to the remotes or hardwired pushbutton. This one is
similar to the Craftsman but sold under a different name.

I pulled the electronics out and on the PCB found FOUR cold solder joints (and a
couple more that i didn't quite like the looks of.) Resoldered all the joints
and it works like a charm.

I had exactly the same problem with one of mine too... A bunch of bad
solder joints that made the thing fail after a few months in service.
Again, that is what comes from buying the cheapest imported crap from
China that there is. Next time, I'll look for American made--could not
find any last time, but maybe next time someone will have started
making a quality unit here.