Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Homemade concrete mixer

On May 20, 4:22�pm, fftt wrote:
On May 20, 11:50�am, "HeyBub" wrote:

fftt wrote:
On May 19, 1:48 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Anybody have the link to an article on fashioning a concrete mixer
from a washing-machine tub, some pipes, a small electric motor, and,
possibly, lard?

Thanks.

here's one my neighbor built despite my suggestion of getting one CL

http://www.onlinetips.org/home-made-concrete-mixer

Thank. I found that but there's no picture, so I'm not sure whether the
motor goes inside the drum or outside.

I didnt realize you were really serious......I thought you were
joking.

In my experience, anything more than a 1/2 yard per session is worth
getting:

1) a transit mix trailer from a local rental yard (if you have one
that supplies concrete)
2) a site mix truck (dry components)

mixing concrete by hand (ie, even an powered mixer) sucks

cheers
Bob

not only that but bought by the truckload concrete is many times
cheaper than by the bag, or buying sand cement and gravel.

some years ago concrete at least 5 yards was 75 bucks a yard
delivered.
the materials to make it near 200 bucks a yard.