Posted to rec.woodworking
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

"HeyBub" wrote:

I'll grant you the Bush administration was arrogant - they all are (see
"Jane's Law"). But corrupt? Hardly. In the entire eight years of the Bush
administration, ONE person was convicted of impropriety, and that for
testimony about a crime that never happened.

So far. The Spanish are considering war crimes charges against six senior Bush
administration officials:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...orture-inquiry

This is being done under the 1984 UN Convention against Torture, signed and
ratified by the US. This has the same legal basis as the arrest of Chili's
General Pinochet in Britain in 1998. He died before going to trial.

I believe the US has tried and convicted nationals of other countries under this
treaty, so the precedent is solid. -- Doug