Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

" wrote:

Thanks to everyone, up and down in this thread for the good wishes.
It was Friday, Saturday, and 1/2 Sunday in the hosptal. Got Dad home
late Sunday, he fell flat on his back, tangled up in his walker, and
was back in the hospital less than 12 hours later.

Now we are finding he may have fractured vertebrae. He is pushing
83,
so no operations. He has cancer, heart disease, and about 1/8 of his
lung capacity. He is too fragile to even run some of the tests on
him
now.

Oddly, the best suggestion the combined brain trust can come up with
is to (literally....) "super" glue his fractures together with some
kind of epoxy. Other than that, nothing.

So now we wait and see. I have a few more full days at the hospital
as they have no advocate or anyone to speak coherently on their
behalf. Mom is slowly losing it, and she is at the point where she
wandered off in the emergency room a couple of times while we were
there waiting for the docs.

Gonna be a long week.

Once again, thanks to all for the good wishes. I will pass them on
him telling it came from "the internet". He will get a charge out of
it. He isn't sure what the internet is, but he knows "all the kids
are nuts about it" these days and everyone is "on it" but him.

Robert,

My thoughts are with you.

Sounds like my movie was a better version than yours is, but trust me,
you will get threw it.

Take care.

Lew