Posted to alt.home.repair
JerryM JerryM is offline

Default Blowing out water lines with compressed air

On May 19, 6:51*pm, in2dadark wrote:

This year, I want to do it right, so I'm using a *compressor. What
pressure should I set it at? *I'm seeing specs of 50-80 for an RV. So
I'm guessing 65 will be ok for my house...?

I have a oustide hose spigot that is one floor (+/-) higher than
another one and they are at opposite ends of the house. So I've been
blowing it out through the high *one and out the lower one. *I leave
them open when I'm gone *hoping any water *that's left will have a
place to move to when it freezes.

The first time we winterized after buying the place, paid a plumber
$25 to do it and followed him around. IIRC, he said to set the
compressor around 70.

Blowing it out from high to low sounds like a good idea.

The other thing the plumber did, that I thought was a good idea, was
to pour a cup or 2 of RV antifreeze down all the plumbing drains, and
into the toilet tanks and bowls. Didn't see you mention that anywhere.

Jerry