Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry L Harry L is offline

Default another reason *not* to buy a front loading washer

On Tue, 19 May 2009 18:32:58 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:51:46 -0700, "Rudy"
wrote:

Why cant the lazy "washer loader" CHECK THE POCKETS before adding clothes
to the machine ?

That sounds like a person who has someone else doing the laundry.

Why don't you check your pockets before you throw your stuff in the
hamper ;-)

For the same reason I don't check the oil in my car before starting my
lawnmower. IT'S THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON WHO PUTS THE CLOTHES IN
THE WASHER TO CHECK THE POCKETS. PERIOD.

EVERY TIME!!!! Of course, this is a form of perfection, and perfection
IS'NT.

What's a hamper?

A "hamper" is a plastic device used to take advantage of the normal
mindlessness of human beings, who follow the rules and add unnecessary
complexity to the clothes-washing cycle. This leads to mistakes, and
verbal (and physical?) abuse. It also distracts peoples limited
intellect from the activities of their government, church, etc...

It was named after Orel Walker Hamp, who always believed that in order
to get things done, it is necessary to confuse the stupid masses, so
they never notice how f*ck*d-*p the world is getting.

Steve