Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] lgerhardx@hotmail.com is offline

Default Whirlpool convertible dishwasher - no water inside

Prior thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...36bf0838e0ed89
---------------------------
Embarrassingly enough, I finally got around to pulling the motor off
this thing. The label on the motor says "s37nxgf-240".

I hooked it up directly to a power strip plugged into 110VAC, and it
just hummed. Actually, the shaft extended like it was trying to do
something, but then it just sat there and hummed. Here's the kicker:
on a whim, I grabbed the shaft and spun it...the thing started up and
spun just fine!! I shut it back off and started it again while it was
still spinning and it again did as it should. Even once or twice it
started from a dead stop, but more often than not it simply sat there
and hummed.

I also tried spinning the impeller by hand (I'm assuming that's what
this is...it attaches to the end of the motor shaft). It was stiff.
But, when I hooked the motor shaft back into it, I could rotate the
motor shaft by hand and turn the impeller easier. So, I'm assuming
that it might be a little stiff, but my difficulty with it was due at
least in part to the awkwardness of getting a grip on it.

I've read elsewhere that sometimes dw motors get clogged with sand/
calcium/etc. Is there any way for me to open the motor up and lube it
somehow? Do I need to buy a new one or is it possible to resurrect
this one at all?