Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Plumbing - How to calculate nipple length

On May 19, 4:14*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , fftt wrote:

You'll be able to eliminate the union and not have worry about nipple
lengths or thread make up.

Eliminating the union isn't a good idea. It's there for a purpose: to make
replacing the appliance easier. In some jurisdictions, it's required by code.

reread my post

if the jursidiction allows flex lines (SS or enameled) my suggested
changes will make replacing the w/h easier, safer & better.

The flex will serve the same function as the union and there wont be
any new pipe joints to break or make.

Right now he's totally hard plumbed, not a great situation unless
local code requires it.

If it was my installation, I re-plumb it, so both valves were
independent and at the "end" of their respective pipe runs.

Do it right, do it once.

cheers
Bob