Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

wrote:

A quick drive by here on my part as I am off to the hospital once more
to be the advocate for my aged father against Medicare/Medicaid and
the hospital system. My mom can't do it because she is starting to
have signs of Alzheimer's.

Best of luck to you and best wishes that this turns out well.

I am sure this topic and the usual self righteous politicos here will
beat this thread to death while swinging the sword of their version of
the truth.

Nope, just going to point out that everybody is going to get to do that if
Obamacare is implemented. We'll have to prove that our value to society,
adjusted for our age justifies the expense for whatever treatment is being
planned. Not even speculation -- it's already in the plans and the
stimulus bill -- that little bit about "evaluating cost effective care"

.... snip