Posted to alt.home.repair
ddbean ddbean is offline

Default California car insurance asking for odometer reading

With the new laws, mileage will have a much greater impact on the price of
the policy.

By law, the mileage now becomes a higher priority mandatory factor.

I'm just trying to figure out how the insurance co. will compute this based
on the odometer reading. Are they going to take the current reading I give
them and average it over all the years since the car was purchased (bad way
of doing it), or are they going to wait until next year when I fill out a
second form so they can see the actual difference (makes more sense, but
then the insurance co. must wait another year). So far no one has been able
to confirm which of these two techniques are used... and this is going to
adjust everyone's rates in California real soon.