Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Nova Nova is offline

Default Small turning

sweet sawdust wrote:
I have a customer who wants me to make some Christmas ornaments in
quantities of around 1000+ units. Each ornament would require five spindle
turnings the smallest being about 5/16 "dia to 1/4" dia and about 2 inches
long. I can cut these by hand with no problem, when I tried a duplicator
all I got was fancy fire wood. Since I don't want to even think about
turning all of them by hand, and the cost would be outasight, I contacted
some commercial turning concerns and they turned me down. Size is two small
for thier equipment. Also contacted WPMA and they told me "Good Luck" but
had no one they knew of. Any one out there have any ideas.

My suggestion would be, "If you enjoy wood turning, and want to continue
to do so, turn the job down."

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA