Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default UPDATE: It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

Scott Lurndal wrote:
Chuck writes:
HeyBub wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
I'll grant you the Bush administration was arrogant - they all are
(see "Jane's Law"). But corrupt? Hardly. In the entire eight years
of the Bush administration, ONE person was convicted of
impropriety, and that for testimony about a crime that never
happened.

As a matter of contrast:
Forty-seven individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton
machine were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes with 33 of
these occurring during the Clinton administration itself. There
were in addition 61 indictments or misdemeanor charges. 14 persons
were imprisoned.

===============
Jury Convicts Fund-Raiser Hsu

"[May 19 - NEW YORK] Norman Hsu, a former top fund-raiser for the
Democratic Party and convicted Ponzi scheme operator, was found
guilty Tuesday of illegally funneling tens of thousands of dollars
to candidates for federal office by pressuring investors to donate
to his favored candidates."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124274534722334937.html

Thank you for bringing some sense into this discussion. Now we need
to list the people that are being investigated today and those that
Bama brought into his staff that should be investigated. Chuck

Sense? What the **** does some fundraiser have to do with anything?
He's not an elected politician. He broke the law and will pay for
it and good riddance.

That's a fair point. Hsu was NOT part of the Clinton administration,
although he had close ties to it. Hillary had to refund $800,000 that Hsu
collected for her.

The folks who need investigating are those who destroyed the
reputation of the United States in the rest of the world and
squandered fifty years of global good-will (and even envy) towards
the United States of America, which once was the greatest country on
the planet. In this category, Bush, Cheney, Gonzales, Rove and
others.

Some say that, sure. Many of us don't give a **** about "global good will."
We view it as a fiction. Countries (and people) do what is in their best
interest. Oh, all other things being equal, we'll support our "friends." But
all other things are seldom equal and it is foolish to think other countries
will do the right thing just because they like us. If they DO like us or our
actions (as the 30 million in Iraq and Afghanistan), that's a plus. But it's
certainly not a REASON to do something.

The folks who need investigating are those who destroyed the financial
system of the United States. The repeal of Glass-Steigel.
Insufficient oversight of wall street investment products (CDO's and
other leveraged transactions). Insufficient anti-trust oversight.
Allowing too much consolidation (this has been a problem since the
Reagan Administration). Greenspan, Bernenke, and the Bush Treasury
and SEC appointees and a
handful of democrats.

The Bush Doctrine must be repudiated now, and for all time.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Just what IS the "Bush Doctrine?" But I see your overall point.

Looking at the Bush years realistically, aside from no terrorist attacks
against the U.S. or U.S. interests abroad in seven years, 23 consecutive
quarters of economic growth (a record), low unemployment, low inflation, and
liberating 20-odd million people from tyranny, exactly what has the "Bush
Doctrine" done for anybody?

Eh? EH?