Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default airless spraying

many thanks to rob for his info.
this thing lays down more material more quickly than anything i've
ever used.
I have learned a few things while using it.
using the tip specified by the coatings manufacturer results in way
more material flow than I can keep up with. I got serious runs using
the 0.17 tip for exterior latex. too old to move that fast. I guess.
had better results with the 0.1f tip. i'm seriusly impressed with
this unit. I used to try thinning the material to spray with my hvlp
unit snd the results were not optimal.
this thing doesn't even break a sweat pushing unthinned latex through
a tip one size smaller than spec and the valspar paint that i'm using
lays and levels perfectly.