Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default water tank fasteners

the design concept for my plasma table water tank is almost finalized...
"The Kid" got the OK from his job to come in and use their laser and press
brake to cut and form everything. We're going with 11 gauge material.

One last question. The top plate on my captive air bladder needs to be
removable for future maintenance. Its a 6' x 10' sheet with a grid of
strips spaced 2' x 6' to fasten to. What fastener should I use? Bolts are
likely to just be rusted solid. How about pop rivets, do they drill out
easily? Will a squirt of silicone in the rivet hole seal them up (only .5
psi)? other suggestions.

Karl