Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net is offline

Default another reason *not* to buy a front loading washer

On May 19, 9:40*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
wrote in message

On May 19, 9:24 am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote: "Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

BTW- I had $2.91, an earring and 2 color catchers in mine.

What's a color catcher?

It's a sheet you can put in the washing machine that is supposed to
attract any excess dye given off by new clothes so it will not deposit
on the other items being washed.

That's strange. Why not just wash new stuff separately a couple of times? I
do this, and I've never had a problem with bleeding colors.

I do the same thing. Or a cup of regular table salt dissolved in a
bucket of cold water and the item placed in it to soak overnight is
very good for setting strong bleedable colors. If I still have my
doubts that a red t shirt will bleed it goes in with other red things
or it gets tossed in the washer with black items. Problem solved and
no money spent on another laundry 'helper.'