Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default another reason *not* to buy a front loading washer

Mine is a Frigidaire 6000 series [affinity], but while searching for a
cure it appears that they all suffer from the same flaw.

We've had ours for a couple years now & yesterday I got an E20 error &
it wasn't draining. E20 isn't in the manual so I googled and found
this thread-
http://www.fixya.com/support/t178452...sher_ltf600es1

OK- although I don't understand it, apparently there is some design
thing that makes front loaders suck change, credit cards, socks, and
color catchers past the drum. The manufacturers know this and put
a change catcher before the impeller.

Then they bury it in the damn machine!
[I wanted to capitalize that and use 40 exclamation points but I'm
tired]

Here's the process to get to mine;
Take out soap tray.
2 screws on back of top- and slide back.
5 screws & 3 clips on console, and fold out of way.
pull spring clip off boot and release boot.
8 screws to loosen front panel
2 screws on door latch- and a clip to release wires.

Then the hose clamps- one screw and one spring- to open the drain
hose.

I did it myself in 1 hour- but many folks would be paying a plumber
for a job they should be able to do in 10 minutes.

Anybody want a nice 2yr old Affinity set in almond?

Jim
BTW- I had $2.91, an earring and 2 color catchers in mine.