Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default water tank design

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2009 16:37:26 -0600, the infamous Lew Hartswick
scrawled the following:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Doublecheck your figures. Water's 8.3lbs/gal and 64.5lbs/cu.ft.
That's 7.5 gallons per cu.ft. x 78, or 585 gallons if filled to the
top
I find 62.43lb/cu.ft. in my water constants reference....??

LLoyd

At what temperature is that? When we get down to the .0x lbs.
we better specify the temp and the value of G. :-)
...lew...

Egad, we missed the RH and sea level coefficients, too! Egg all over
our faces, wot?

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin

Larry, That is what I said " The value of G" It not only is
dependent on "sea level" but those nasty things called
"mascons". and I did say hunderedths of a pound not the
bigger difference. :-)
...lew...