Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default removing stuck car wheels.

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
That's not quite true! If the links from the ends of the rack to the
steering arms on the hubs are of unequal length, there is a strong
likelihood of bump steer. When correcty adusted, those links should
shadow the wishbones - allowing the wheel the move up and down without
steering. But if you make one too long and the other too short, that no
longer applies.

Yup. I'd also expect heavier tyre wear if things are miles out.

It is actually quite critical on my SD1. The rack on that has a centre
finder - an indent in the rack that a bolt fits into to lock it in the
central position. No need for that if it weren't important.

--
*Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.