Posted to alt.home.repair
Slightly Graying Wolf[_2_] Slightly Graying Wolf[_2_] is offline

Default Glass-Top Electric Range

Dick Adams wrote:
What is the easiest way to clean the glass-top on an
electric range?

The cleaning solution that came with it is a pain and
it's ineffective.

Dick

I use VIM (with bleach), hot water and a fingernail brush. To get at the
thicker burnt on stuff I substitute a nylon scraper for the fingernail
brush. Stove top is almost 4 years old and looks like new after I clean it.
The important thing to remember is not to use too much VIM as it is fairly
abrasive before it is cut down with the water.