Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Neighbor's dead tree is leaning against my oak and threatening to fall on my property

In article
,
Joe wrote:

Smitty, I posted on May 10th that I did discuss this with my neighbor,
go check. Yesterday he had a tree guy - well a guy who used to be a
tree guy (friend of his son) take a look at the tree and said he can
take it down but mentioned to us that he wasn't bonded or insured. If
my neighbor uses this guy to take down the tree and it damages my
property is my neighbor's insurance liable since this guy is not
covered?

Sorry Joe, I may not have you whitelisted. Most googlegroupers are
killed by default.

I wouldn't have the neighbor's son's uninsured "used-to-be-a-tree-guy"
friend do the work if I were in your situation. The risk / reward ratio
isn't satisfactory.

Not only are you in a heap big mess if the tree falls somewhere it
shouldn't, but you could be on the liability hook for millions if the
guy breaks his neck and becomes a quadriplegic. I'm not a namby-pamby
about licenses and insurance, but I wouldn't touch this one.