Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Wax Ring Installation

On May 18, 4:09*pm, evodawg wrote:
Bob Simon wrote:
The Fluidmaster wax ring I bought has a black funnel-looking piece of
plastic that extends into the waste pipe. *The instructions say to
press it onto the horn outlet of the toilet bowl.

Why would this be better than placing the plastic funnel into the
waste pipe and then lowering the toilet down onto it using the
hold-down bolts as a guide? *It seems that would provide better
alignment and centering.

I usually do it the way you suggest but I've probably put in 100. And if
youre by yourself it's not easy putting the ring on the toilet then lifting
it in place over the waste pipe without getting that nasty wax crap on
stuff. If its your first do it the way the directions tell you, specially
if you have help.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Why not use the Fernco Waxless seal? Simple, clean and does away with
the 'mess'. I'll never go back to the wax type.

Harry K