Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default 5 Blinks on Sony KV-32fs120 - "KV32FS120.pdf" (0/1) 6.9 MBytes yEnc

On Mon, 18 May 2009 21:21:37 -0400, BushPilot put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Anyways, I'm not giving up on it..

I had a closer look at the circuit and it appears to me that the relay
can be controlled by both the uP and a separate protection circuit.
See the bottom middle section of page 88 of the service manual.

When the TV shuts down, measure the voltages across R599 and R598. If
they are both around 0.6V, then the OCP latch has operated. This could
be due to an overcurrent on the B+ supply rail, or a missing vertical
deflection pulse.

If the latch has not operated, then the uP would have opened the
relay.

- Franc Zabkar