Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default 5 Blinks on Sony KV-32fs120 - "KV32FS120.pdf" (0/1) 6.9 MBytes yEnc

On Mon, 18 May 2009 15:34:30 -0400, BushPilot put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Ok tested IC702 onboard and each test is while powering up the set.

Grnd is pin 4. pins 1,2,3 read .4 v then drop to 0.
pin 5 maxed to 2.4v and dripped to 0
pin 6 maxed to 9.1 and dropped to -.112v
pins 7 maxed to 3.1v
pins 8 maxed to 2.1v
pins 9 maxed to 3.1v

FBT (T503)
EY519 to EY513 Maxed to 23.72v with a resistance of 28.72k
EY514 to EY514 maxed to 14.91v with resistance of 28.8k

If I remove the IC702 to check it, should I be checking the resistance
between grnd and v pins (1,2,3 & 7,8,9)?

There is an inconsistency between what the manual is telling us and
how the TV is behaving.

It would seem that the TV is trying to start, but the uP is sensing a
fault which then causes the uP to shut down the power supply by
opening the relay.

I'd check the resistances between diodes D530, D531, D534 and ground.

You could desolder the supply pin to IC702 to isolate it. Measure the
resistance between its supply and ground pins.

One other thing you could try is to bridge the contacts of relay RY600
with a piece of wire, but this will defeat the TV's protection, so be
very careful. There is an overvoltage protection diode on the B+ rail,
and fusible resistors in the FBT secondary outputs, so any damage
*should* be restricted to these devices. I take no responsibility for
any consequences, though.

If you see a horizontal white line, quickly turn off the TV, otherwise
you risk burning it into the CRT.

- Franc Zabkar