Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Ironwood

On Mon, 18 May 2009 12:17:06 -0400, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

I've never had a piece of ironwood with ANY natural oil..

IIRC, there are about 70+ different species referred to as ironwood. So
a bit of variation in how "ironwood" looks, behaves, is or is not oily,
etc is to be expected, depending on what "ironwood" you are working with.

Sorry.. I wasn't being elitist enough.. Sonora Desert Ironwood, as opposed to
stuff people find that's hard and name "Ironwood"..
Hell, I've even heard of Lignum Vitae referred to as "ironwood" several times..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing