Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default OT - TV digital converter box coupons

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
:

"mm" wrote in message

Wow, where do you live that you can get 30 channels on the air?

Near Salsibury NC. About 30 miles up I85 from Charlotte. That is
with an outside antenna. Those 30 channels are not that many
differant stations as each one has several duplications. I picked
the Zenith converter as it was suspose to be the most sensitive. The
converter is hooked up to a ham radio antenna for 146 MHz up about 70
feet. This is just used for TV whenever the cable is down.

I built a coathanger quad bowtie antenna from MAKE TV plans I found online.
It works great,indoors,my apartment is stucco with metal mesh underneath.
I already had everything except for the 300:75 ohm balun.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik