Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] squirltop@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fence over underground wiring

wrote:
I would like to put a fence up at the back of my yard, but it
would need to go in over existing underground high voltage wires. Not
the usual 220V but the main underground lines to the local
transformers.

I have had the crew out to mark the line locations, but they
are unable to tell me how deep they are. I would guess they know
where they should be, but because of various problems, they may not be
as deep as the should.

Any suggestions?

I believe they have to be buried I think it's 5 feet deep, maybe six.
I forget. Of course it would be more near ground level the closer it
is to junction boxes, etc.

You can look at your power companies web site or call them and they
should be helpful in telling you how deep it is buried. After all,
they don't want their bottom line$$$ damaged.