Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT - TV digital converter box coupons

On Sun, 17 May 2009 22:39:37 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

Wow, where do you live that you can get 30 channels on the air?

Near Salsibury NC. About 30 miles up I85 from Charlotte. That is with an
outside antenna. Those 30 channels are not that many differant stations as
each one has several duplications. I picked the Zenith converter as it was
suspose to be the most sensitive. The converter is hooked up to a ham radio
antenna for 146 MHz up about 70 feet. This is just used for TV whenever the
cable is down.

Good to have a backup.

I'm supposed to have an amplified attic antenna but it's broken and I
don't fix it. So when DTV starts, I may have only 6 dot-1 stations
and 3 dot-2 or higher, plus a lot of weather. I suppose that's when
I'll start trying again to fix the attic antenna.