Posted to alt.home.repair
SMcK SMcK is offline

Default Air Conditioner Fuse Question

I have blown two fuses for my central air conditionaing compressor in
40 years, *I just replaced the fuse and things ran fine for another 20
years when the other of the pair blew. *Fuses do get stressed somewhat
if they are being used somewhere close to their fusing point and will
eventually give out if there is even a slight surge from whatever
cause. * So the OP should not necessarily assume there is a fault
unless the new fuse also blows when it is in the same position of the
pair as the fuse that originally blew.- Hide quoted text -

FWIW - I've had the same fuses inthere for the 11 years I've been in
this house. For the one that blew, perhaps it was just its time.

-Scott