Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default new commode

On May 17, 7:28*pm, mm wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:41:13 -0500, Steve Barker

wrote:

I've never heard of a "noisy" toilet.

Yean, but there were certainlly quiet toilets. More quiet than 95+% of
the others. *The one we had until we moved when I was ten was so quiet
during flushing. *My father must have paid extra for it. *The tank was
very short, at least 10 or 12 inches shorter than most toilets, barely
reached above the level of the bowl (not counting the seat, of
course), and it was shaped like a Milk-bone dog biscuit, so I guess it
made up for the lack of height by a bigger cross section.

I don't know if they still sell these or not. *

Sounds kind of like a Rialto. Was it this one?
http://www.kitchen-bath-plus.com/images/K3386.jpeg

The Toto (any of them) flushes better, but it doesn't have as large of
a 'pond'.