Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Bosch Laser Rangefinder

On May 17, 10:59*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:

snip

*How's the accuracy Joe. *I do a lot of measuring on ceilings and the tape
measures can be a pain. *I use a FatMax as well, but even with the 13'
extension it doesn't always stay up. *I wish they would put measurements on
the backside as well.

John, my first tests were spot on for some fire stops between studs.
The DLR said 13 7/16" so i marked it off with a nice knife mark and
cut it a bit on the heavy side, maybe 1/32". And it was too tight!
Shaved off the excess (Fat Max said it was now 13 7/16") for a nice
snug fit. Made a believer of me. With the ability to do rough opening
diagonals accurate to 1/16" I can see a lot less wasted time on future
windows and doors. Similarly, the aggravation of trying to deal with,
say 25' to 30' layouts for partitions will be eliminated. Floor to
ceiling measurements should be a snap. Right now, I'm planning on
going over the latest project floor plan to get really accurate data
to put into a Sketchup plot so bath and plumbing work won't be so
tedious.

Joe