Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Fence over underground wiring

On Sun, 17 May 2009 15:17:23 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2009 20:43:38 -0400,
wrote:

I would like to put a fence up at the back of my yard, but it
would need to go in over existing underground high voltage wires. Not
the usual 220V but the main underground lines to the local
transformers.

I have had the crew out to mark the line locations, but they
are unable to tell me how deep they are. I would guess they know
where they should be, but because of various problems, they may not be
as deep as the should.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking of several possible fence types, generally
decorative but also I am interested in keeping the neighborhood kids
out of my yard and since I am on the local foot path, eliminate the
foot traffic of kids taking a short cut.

Just run a laser beam across the place you want the fence, with a
sensor on the other end. When someone breaks the laser beam, a
machine gun starts firing and kills the intruder. This will save the
cost and labor of a fence and will save the police a lot of work
trying to catch criminals who trespass on private property.

I like that one, but what happens if they are between me and
the gun? :-)